Tuesday, July 25, 2006

July 21, 2006 - The One Year Mark

It's hard to believe but just one short year ago, I drove into Huntington Beach ready to start my new life. Oh. My. Gosh. Where has the time gone?! It feels like just yesterday I arrived at my tiny little apartment and wondered what in the hell I had done. Why did I abandon the life I had loved so much in TN? Why did I sell my house? Why did I give up my dog? Was I going to be able to succeed in my new position? I never had a desire to live in California so what made me decide to make this move?

Well, looking back, it was the hardest year but probably the best year of my life. I've had a lot of fun, a lot of heartache, and a lot of time to do some real soul searching. If I've learned nothing else from this past year, I've learned who I really am, what I want out of life, and most importantly how important my family and friends are to me.

Not to mention, I get to see sunsets like this every night:


A friend of mine said that a life change of this sort would either make you more fearful or it would make you a much more grounded/confident person. I'm just thankful that it was the latter that happened to me. I have realized that we are capable of so much more than we give ourselves credit for - especially if we have faith.

1 comment:

GJ said...

Love this post and these words.....I've always thought you to be such a grounded person anyway....but glad to know that this year has been an even deeper experience for you.

Although - I miss you terribly.