Friday, August 11, 2006

Land Of 10,000 Lakes

One interesting thing that I realized on my vacation is that I never really gave life in Minnesota a fair chance. After several years away from it, I can truly say that I enjoy going home to visit.


My week of vacation went by far too quick but I still managed to cram a lot of fun things into the time that I had. We went to the awesome 80's prom, threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law, went to a pool party for my 2 cousins 16th birthdays, visited with my grandma, had lunch with a cousin I hadn't seen in 5 years, drove the "Mafia car", saw Talladega Nights (hilarious!), and spent a couple of days camping and fishing. I even caught this monster of a sunfish:

One thing that always cracks me up is that when my mom & I go anywhere people always comment on how much I look like her:

And to think, my brother used to try and convince me that I was adopted. Nice try!

2 comments:

Vixen said...

Beautiful pics! Nice Fish! And you do look like your mom! :)

Nonblond said...

Looks like so much fun! The first (and maybe only) fish I ever caught was a sunfish. Very cool. CUTE photo of you and your mom!