Tuesday, August 28, 2007

No, You're Just Having Fun

The following is a conversation that I had last night at GameStop.....



Clerk: Do you have a photo ID?
Me: I can't find my license - use this old one from TN
Clerk: And your phone number?
Me: 714.555.5555
Clerk: Isn't that a California number?
Me: Yes
Clerk: (laughing)
Me: Whats so funny?
Clerk: You are in Scottsdale, Arizona buying a video game with a TN drivers license and a CA phone number. It's just funny....
Me: Yeah, that makes me sound like a scam artist, doesn't it?
Clerk: No, it just means that you're having fun!

3 comments:

Vixen said...

And you are having fun aren't you! :)

Funny Story!

Nonblond said...

You are the true definition of a free spirit!

Anonymous said...

Haha that is pretty amusing. I initially noticed this post because I live (and have) in the 714 area code district. I always wondered about what people must think when my friends move away to other places and people see/learn their phone number. I, myself, only usually see local or at most phone numbers from California. I'm rather surprised that the clerk knew that it was from California; were you?