Monday, May 29, 2006

Lions, Tigers & Bears (Oh My)!

On Sunday Mags & I made a trip down to the world famous San Diego Zoo. It may be famous for the animals but certainly not for an abundance of parking! It took us over an hour to find a place to park due to the holiday weekend, the lack of parking attendants and no overflow parking. Someone on the zoo staff finally showed us mercy and opened a back lot for a few cars to park in. Thankfully we were one of them.

After we entered the park I realized that it was well worth the wait. The animals were amazing, the Zoo was huge and it was a beautiful day to walk around. It also gave me the opportunity to snap some photos. Here are a few of my favorites from the day:


The Zebra:


The Polar Bear:

I was a bit disappointed that we missed seeing the Panda Bears that were on exhibit. We chose to forego them and see as many of the other animals as possible since we were a little short on time. If you ever go, you really need to plan on being there for about 4 hours. After the Zoo, we headed down to Little Italy and ate at Mona Lisa's. Not quite as good as the Italian in NYC's Little Italy but excellent none-the-less.

Tonight Cerina, Laura and I took in the Angels vs. Twins game. It's been awhile since I've sat in the nosebleeds but it was a lot of fun. My only dilemma was choosing a team to root for. Do I go for the current home team (Anaheim) or go back to my roots and cheer for MN? I decided to go with Anaheim which was a good choice because they ended up wining. Here's a view from the cheapseats:

After the game they shot off fireworks to celebrate Memorial Day. It was a great show and now I'm excited for the 4th of July. It's funny how fireworks can make you feel like a kid again. I love it. I tried my best to get some good photos but they were a little tricky. Any suggestions for taking firework pictures are welcome.


Tomorrow it's back to the grind. I hope y'all had a safe & happy weekend...

1 comment:

Nonblond said...

Looks like a fun time! Makes me want to visit California again!