Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Day In Hollywood

This weekend my friend Maggie is visiting from the Northeast and we have been busy girls. We spent Friday afternoon in Hollywood hitting up all of the tourist spots which was nothing short of hilarious.

Our first stop was at Grauman's Chinese Theatre where we got our photos taken with Chewbacca & Yoda from Star Wars. I'm not exactly sure why but Chewey said it was gonna be free (ie..no tip) so of course we took him up on the offer!



This would later become the scene where I was chased by a little person dressed up as Chuckie. I figured he would give up but the kept following me and jabbing a prop knife into the back of my leg. He ended up sandwiching me inbetween himself and a Storm Trooper. Quite the predicament, huh? We also shared an elevator with Michael Meyers from Halloween & Pinhead from Hellraiser (which, unbelievably, were scarier without the masks on).


After that we hit up the Hollywood Wax Museum & The Guinness World Of Records Museum which was kind of fascinating. Here's Mags in the Worlds Largest Waist figure:

Next stop was Rodeo Drive. Most of the stores were closed but we still took the opportunity to just walk around and snap some photos. Maria was taking my picture when all of the sudden, this man came from out of nowhere and started hitting on me. I think I told a record number of lies in the course of 5 minutes - for which I am probably going to Hell. Here's the deal - he was actually good looking but he kept going on and on about how lived in both NY & LA. Really pulling out all the stops to impress but the entire time I could only focus on the dirty stained t-shirt that he was wearing!

We talk for a couple of minutes (more like he interrogated me) and then not wanting to leave Maggie out of the mix, he calls over his friend who was in town visiting. The guy saunters over and when he reaches out to shake my hand I notice the longest thumb nail I have seen in my life. Added to the nappy dreaded hair, the beret hat and lumberjack looking jacket, he wasn't exactly her type. Long story short, I made up a huge string of lies to get them to leave us alone. Now I ask you this - if you are on Rodeo Drive trying to pick up women wouldn't you at least put on a clean shirt?! Or trim your incredibly long thumbnail? I don't get it...

Today we hit up Fiesta Hermosa in Hermosa Beach. These types of festivals are sure to provide good people watching and some new invention that I never would have thought up. This years invention was a pair of flip flops with a built in bottle opener; priced at a mere $45. What will they think of next? I did get to see some amazing photography which was the best part of the festival. We ended the day by walking to the end of the pier and snapping this shot:

Tomorrow I think we're headed to the San Diego Zoo. Should be entertaining...

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

2 comments:

GJ said...

Your life rules. WHO ELSE would be chased by Chuckie and hit on by freak shows on Rodeo drive? No one......not one other person on earth.

Nonblond said...

World's longest thumbnail--I love it! :) Say hi to Miss Mags for me!