Thursday, September 07, 2006

My First CA Wildfire

My favorite part of the drive on I-5 North is going by Pyramid Lake. Unfortunately, on my drive earlier this week I saw that a wildfire had broken out in the forest surrounding the lake. Check it out:

Shortly after taking this photo I came around to the back side of the mountain that was completely engulfed with wildfire and smoke. I counted 4 helicopters circling the skies and saw numerous fire trucks en route to the blaze.

One odd thing I noticed is that they have a sign up when you enter the forest saying "Chance of wildfire is "HIGH" today". Ya think?!

3 comments:

Vixen said...

WOW! How do you have time to do all these cool things????

The Eccentric Blonde said...

hey ms. bottle rocket -
glad you enjoyed the photo! i don't have a flickr account yet but it's on my list to do...

Nonblond said...

Wow, cool--yet kind of scary.