Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Suck It Up! Boba Tea Co.

Quite the catch line, isn't it?

Last week I found myself in Albuquerque and as always, I had to find something that had a local feel to it. Enter Boba Tea Company. It came highly recommended by a guy that I knew so I figured it was safe. Apparently, Boba Tea Co. is local to the city and offers a unique drink of boba tea. What is boba tea, you ask? Here is the description he gave me: it is tea with balls of tapioca in the bottom of the cup that you suck up through a big straw. Pretty accurate, if you ask me.

Here is what a normal glass of Passion Black Tea w/Boba looks like:


The tea by itself was good. The balls on the other hand took a while to get used to. Check 'em out:

Not only did it feel like you were sucking up a gummy bear through a straw the size of your pinky; but they had kind of a gross aftertaste. I guess that I ordered the wrong drink beacuse it wasn't very good. Guess I'll have to try it again on the next trip...gulp!

1 comment:

Nonblond said...

Eeeeewwwwww