Saturday, May 05, 2007

Summer Is Here!

It's a beautiful day in Southern California. The temperatures have risen enough for me to head to the beach for the first time this year. As I was walking to the beach (yes, I live that close to the ocean- jealous?) I noticed some things that let us know summer is upon us:

  • Parking becomes scarce on the numbered streets.
  • The pro-volleyball tournament is back in town this weekend.
  • The airplanes that fly ad banners behind them are back.
  • It's almost impossible to cross over PCH because of all the traffic.

I spent two hours trying to turn my pale skin brown. The cool wind finally won the battle and I had to head inside.

There weren't too many people in the water today, however, since it was rather windy, a lot of kite surfers were out. I'm always amazed at how they can control these monstrous kites and it provides great entertainment while taking a break from reading my book. Here is just one of the six that were out today:


Off to dinner now - hope you have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Vixen said...

I'm SO jealous you are that close to the beach!!!! The kite-surfing thing looks cool. Do they actually fly a kite while they surf? WOW!

Nonblond said...

I can almost hear the Beach Boys songs playing and smell the suntan lotion!

Lenny for your thoughts said...

I wish I could be there... man, it sounds awesome.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great - it must be even hotter now.

I don't want to put a damper on your tanning efforts (Ok, well, I guess I kinda do but I mean well!)

I know a light tan looks great but I slather on sunscreen, whatever is highest at the moment. I now see SPF 70 on the shelves, yeesh.

I put on SPF 50 and in an hour of running still manage to tan. Maybe it's Chinese thing. Just goes to show you how powerful the sun is.

I'm hoping you start using sunscreen because I know too many people as well a friends-of-friends who have had skin cancer. All have been lucky and have either had it go into remission or it hadn't spread into the lymph.

You're gorgeous enough without a tan!