Monday, February 05, 2007

Stupid Girl & Sunless Tanner

Have you ever seen the video to "Stupid Girl" by Pink? If not, you should really check it out. One of the funniest scenes in this video is when Pink goes into the sunless tanning booth and comes out orange:

Well, I have to admit, this past weekend I decided to go in for my first ever Mystic Tan. I have two big events coming up this weekend (more on that later) and wanted to have a little color to go with my two new fabulous dresses. So I make my appointment and headed over to the tanning salon.

Upon arrival, the girl hooked me up with all the basics of the spray tan process. The two most important instructions are as follows:

1.) Lather your hands and feet up with lotion as much as possible. This will prevent them from turning 10 shades darker than your arms & legs.
2.) Be sure to buff yourself with the towel when finished to remove excess bronzer so that you don't end up with orange splotches.

No problem, right? What I wasn't prepared for was the initial blast of tanner being shot at my face. I'm not going to lie - it's a little shocking at first and Pinks portrayal of this is spot on! So of course it made me start laughing - not smart because I then inhaled a bunch of the fumes. Thankfully, I made it through four of the ten second bursts of spray and jumped out to dry off.

I'm not gonna lie - I was a bit of a skeptic walking out. You leave basically the same color as when you arrived but you know what? That crap works! At 8pm I was pale white and by 9 am I looked like I had just stepped off a plane from Miami. Amazing! The best part is that it looks pretty natural - not orange! I tested several of my friends on this - including one who was anti spray tan - and they all reassured me that I am a normal shade of tan.

So, ladies (or men, i guess?!), if you are in a fix and need a quick touch of color added to your winter white skin, I would highly recommend the spray tan. Just remember to hold your breath!

3 comments:

Vixen said...

How long does it last?

The Eccentric Blonde said...

5-7 days...i'm on day 5 now and its just starting to fade out.

Nonblond said...

I can totally picture you laughing as the initial spray hit you. That's awesome!