Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Todays Observations

1.) I hate the dentist. You go in for a check up/cleaning and 18 x-rays later you leave feeling like you were hit in the mouth by a baseball bat. The pain continues for the next 5 hours...and that's just a precursor to whats coming up in 6 weeks. Ugh.

2.) I hate LA traffic. If you don't get through LA by 3pm you will be stuck in gridlock for hours. It once took me 3.5 hours to drive a measly 75 miles. Did I mention that my car is a 5 speed? Right.

3.) Crying is exhausting. Not to mention, it always gives me a headache. I hate getting bad phone calls and I'll leave it at that.

4.) You know you are worn out when a cute guy at the restaurant offers to buy you a nice glass of wine and you turn him down. In fact, you're kind of irritated that he's interrupting you. What is up with that!?

5.) There are thousands of songs on my Ipod but whenever I put it on shuffle it picks the same songs over and over. Word to the wise, don't ever load a book on your Ipod because the shuffle mode likes to pick on the individual chapters. Annoying.

6.) Speaking of music; is it just me or does it seem like I hear bands like Def Leopard & Journey on the radio more now vs. when they were at their peak years ago?

7.) Santa Barbara has an adorable downtown area and a surprising number of homeless people. They also have a farmers market on Tuesday afternoons - don't these people work?

8.) I've been informed that the "comments" section of my blog isn't working properly and your notes to me are disappearing. Is this happening to a lot of you? If so, drop me an email so we can figure out what's going on....

7 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

Got here from Digital Rich's blog. These observations are great ... true... so true ... a lot I can relate with :)

Liza on Maui said...

OK, I didn't see my comment right away, bt I am assuming you're moderating your comments (and waiting for your ok) ..or it might just take a little while... we'll see...

Anonymous said...

Comments are working - you just have to shrink the main page to see them

Unknown said...

Stonegate (pop 380, England) can be difficult at school entry and exit times. And a car that can only do 75 miles in 3.5 hours could do with a change.
Lots of love, Alan x

Anonymous said...

i wouldn't mind having #4 happen to me once in a while. lol.

Vixen said...

Interesting iPOD shuffle issue...I'll have to test that out.

Haven't you heard that 80's music is "IN" now? ... or maybe just for those of us who grew up in the 80's ;-)

Nonblond said...

Sorry about the crying and the dentist. I had a crown done on a back tooth on the day after Easter and my jaw still hurts. I hope you are doing better. Feel free to vent to us all weekend. Looking forward to seeing you and stop turning down wine from cute boys, okay?